Arturo Torres Gutiérrez co-organizing the Madrid UCM Student Chapter
CARBAT PhD student, Arturo Torres Gutiérrez, joined a team of chemistry graduate students at Universidad Complutense de Madrid (UCM) to establish the Madrid UCM Student Chapter, which is the first ECS Student Chapter in Spain. The primary event organized by the Madrid UCM Student Chapter with cooperation from the RSEQ-STM (the Spanish Royal Society of Chemistry), was held on May 23, 2018 under the theme “Técnicas experimentales a un paso de tu laboratorio”.
The aim of this workshop was to introduce and discusse the main characterization techniques available in the Faculty of Chemistry at UCM, such as X-Ray Diffraction, Electron Microscopy, Electrochemical Techniques, Nuclear Magnetic Resonance, Lasers, Raman Spectroscopy Impedance Spectroscopy and Magnetic/Electric Properties.
More information on the Madrid UCM Student Chapter and upcoming events: https://ecsucm.wordpress.com/
The Electrochemical Society (ECS) student chapters are student-led groups, providing student members with opportunities to enhance their professional development and academic experience through promoting electrochemical and solid-state science and technology. Every student chapter is a collaborative community which rewards its members with serviceable benefits, such as:
- engage with fellow students and peers
- opportunities to organize technical meeting programs and scholarly activities
- collaborate with members to present posters at ECS bi-annual meetings
- network of 8,000 international ECS members
- access to career resources
- impressive extracurricular activity for resume
- funding to support chapter activities
- partnership opportunities with local ECS Section on activities and technical programs
- recognition on the ECS website and in quarterly publication, Interface
More information on the ECS Student chapters: www.electrochem.org/redcat-blog/category/membership/students/