Prof. Arroyo at the Energy Storage Discussions 2019 in Mexico
CARBAT WP leader, Prof. M. Elena Arroyo from Universidad Complutense de Madrid, was keynote speaker at the Energy Storage Discussions, held at the Auditorium UPDCE in Mexico City (Mexico) on October 14-17, 2019.
Energy Storage Discussions is a forum for analysis of different aspects of energy storage, born in 2014. In the era of renewable energies and mobile electronics, the need of better energy storage devices is every time more evident. The areas of materials science, electrochemistry, power electronics and control systems, and combined areas like nanotechnology are all merged when discussing about energy storage. This conference is the flagship event of the CONACyT Energy Storage Network. The 2019 meeting included Keynote Lectures from renowned speakers, Invited Lectures and contributions in either oral or poster format on the following topics of interest:
- Battery concepts and materials, and their characterization.
- Capacitor concepts and materials, and their characterization.
- Other energy storage concepts (thermal, gas, etc.).
- Modelling of energy storage systems (quantum mechanical, multiscale, molecular dynamics).
- Energy storage systems for automotive, mobile and stationary applications.
Prof. Arroyo presented research on “Uncovering the properties of cathode materials for rechargeable Li, Na, Mg and Ca-ion batteries by computational means”.
More information: http://www.ifuap.buap.mx/energysd2019/